Friday, March 23, 2007

Bolton's Comments

Today we have this news item appearing on the BBC Website, discussing what I was talking about in my last post. Apparently Mr.Bolton is "damn proud" of what he did to prevent an early ceasefire in the Lebanon conflict - and he has very good reason to be !!! Lebanon lost more than a thousand of its' citizens ( that is collateral damage !) while Israel gave up about a couple of hundred souls - all for helping Mr.Bolton and his country to remain the global policeman. But I wonder if they have any idea of the cost - in the immediate present as well as in the foreseeable future ? The number of 'martyrs' and the innumerable more of the desperate fighters being created ? All being targeted at one common enemy. And guess who that is ? No prizes there, I am afraid ! If there is one person who has done more to hurt the US image internationally - especially in Asia and the Middle East - than Mr.Bolton, I am yet to hear of him/her. MADHU

No comments: